Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Cleaning "House"


I've been told that when one feels stuck a beneficial activity to do is to clean the house. Git rid of clutter, go through the closets, clean under the bed, vacuum, dust, throw the dead plants out, etc. It's a very feng shui thing to do. The energy in your home is able to flow easily again. Maybe that's why so many of us do a "spring cleaning" after the long winter of going "within". I'm reminded that "house" is also another word for consciousness. So, I've been looking at what is in my consciousness that is contributing to me feeling stuck. I find that I don't have a problem in naming the obstacles (hallelujah for that!) but my challenge is doing something about them, specifically cutting people and things lose from my life that aren't serving me anymore. It's especially difficult for me to let go of people that I care about and have feelings for, all the while knowing they can not give me what I desire and are probably a bit selfish getting what they need from me. Of course, I'm at choice and I'm allowing it so I don't want to come across in this post as if I'm blaming. There's obviously something I'm getting from them but I'm realizing now that the price is far too big to pay. Often it sucks the Joy right out of me leaving me hollow, sad, and lonely. This is not my natural state and not the way I want to live.

Ok...speaking of Joy, it's time for a humor break! Here's a fun, campy video called "Queen of The House" by Jody Miller.



I apologize for this post being so short and the overall tone but I'm literally in the middle of fear and frustration. I'm going toe-to-toe with God knowing something must change. My self worth is kickin' my butt right now. I feel caged and trapped with my emotions. I know it's necessary to sit with it but it's rough. I think some meditation time is in order and some prayer support.

Thanks so much to everyone who is reading my blog. I hope it helps to read it. I know it's beneficial for me to read my own words.

Here's the original version of "You Raise Me" Up by Secret Garden. I often take solace from this song knowing that everyone I encounter has the potential to raise me up to not more, but all I can be and I them.



Sitting in the storm and remembering this too shall pass,
Stephen

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you for posting this, Stephen.
    --Marji

    ReplyDelete